Thursday, September 30, 2010

Favourite Shadows

Hi guys,

So I thought I'd show you my top 5 shadows... which are consequently all from MAC, although I do have to say that I personally have not tried that many shadows from other mid-high end brands (although I have plenty of low end). Here is my favourite - MAC Bronze which is also one of my first MAC shadows and my only shadow in a pot. It's my favourite because it is so versatile and is my go-to shadow when I'm in a rush and just need an all over colour.
MAC Bronze Eyeshadow

My other top 4 shadows come in no particular order and they are Swiss Chocolate, Brun, Deep Truth and Beauty Marked.

Clockwise from top left: Brun, Swiss Chocolate, Deep Truth, Beauty Marked

I think Swiss Chocolate and Brun make the list because I use these almost every single day - Brun for brows (and sometimes outer v), and Swiss Chocolate for the crease. I feel that Brun makes a perfect brow shade for those with black hair like me because it is not too dark (use it sparingly though!) and does not have red undertones that just look wrong imo.

On the other hand, I wouldn't say that I use Deep Truth or Beauty Marked a whole lot - but as you can see from the picture these are truly stunning. Deep Truth is not the easiest shadow to work with as it can require some layering to get the full effect, but it's great for a night out and really complements brown eyes. Beauty Marked is notorious for being hated but I think it's just lovely as either a liner or something to darken the outer v. It is true that it is hard to get the sparkle to show, but some pixie epoxy, paint pot, fluidline (especially macroviolet!) or NYX jumbo pencil as a base or even water should do the trick.

Anyway, enough of my rambling - hope you enjoyed this post!

Fred xo

No comments:

Post a Comment